Saturday, March 14, 2009

PINK Saturday - My Pink Cymbidiums Plants

One of the things I love the most about spring is the blooming of my Cymbidium Plants. They are from the Orchid Family. If though they look hard and scary to grow, to me they are so easy. Here is a dark Pink Bloom that has started to open. My other ones which are a lighter pink, have not opened yet.

Here is a close up that big beautiful PINK flower!


My father use to grow them in his patio. He had so many and through the years he had given me shoots from his plants. If you feed them with Miracle Grow they bloom more and my father taught me that in the dirt you mix potting soil and large wood chips! They love it!

My father has since passed away and every spring my Mother and I take a huge bouquet of his Cymbidiums and put them on his grave. Cymbidiums will keep cut for over 30 days in your vase if you change the water frequently! Everytime I see one, I think of my Dad. Oh how I miss him!

For more Pink Saturdays, please go visit our wonderful hostess, Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR ANNE FANNIE,
DO YOU HAVE YOURS GROWING IN THE GROUND OR A POT....ARE THEY A BULB...
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY TO FIND SOME OF THOSE.......THEY ARE SO VERY BEAUTIFUL. THEY DO LOOK LIKE AN ORCHID
BLESSINGS AND HUGS
debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Yeah! I saw them and thought they were orchids! Beautiful!


~ Gabriela ~

HiHo said...

so jealous of blooming anything, let alone something pink!
happy pink
Heidi

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

beautiful pink cymbidiums! Happy Pink Saturday ~ Susan

♥Mimi♥ said...

One day of the week I get to truly indulge my ♥ for pink and today, you sure have made me happy! Thanks so much!

GORGEOUS!

Char said...

Your orchids are so lovely and the blooms will last forever. Happy Pink Saturday to you. Char
Please note that my Pink Saturday post is listed on someplace in thyme and not english cottage rose

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! What a great rememberance of your father...and to think every year you receive a special visit from him in the form of these lovely cymbidiums.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Kris

Jean said...

+Anne, These are absolutely gorgeous! Lovely story about your Dad and what a nice way of remembering him.

joyh82 said...

Wow, they are beautiful! Cymbidiums
I have never heard of them but I am sure your Dad is smiling down on you all!

My name is Riet said...

really beautiful. Happy pink Saturday

Claudia said...

So beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I feel certain you and your mother are giving God and your father smiles. They are exquisite. Thank you for sharing this sweet story.

Happy Pink Saturday, Ann.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday! What wonderful plants with such pretty blooms! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

happy PS! pretty flowers.. it is not orchids isn't it?

Teresa said...

Annie those are sooooo pretty. And what wonderful memories you have to go with them

wendy said...

That is the absolute most gorgeous flower. You are so lucky to live amongst such beauty.

Nancy said...

Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

Deb said...

they are so pretty! thank you for sharing. Great rememberance of your dad

SmilingSally said...

I am sooo late making my PS rounds. Love your flowers--ALWAYS. Happy Pink Saturday.

imjacobsmom said...

Such a beautiful remembrance of your Dad, I am not familiar with Cymbidiums. Just like Debbie asked, are they a bulb? Can they be grown in a pot? What zone are you? Thanks for sharing them with us! Hope your Pink Saturday was a fun one. ~ Robyn

Light and Voices said...

It is such a nice way to remember your father by bringing pink cymbidiums to his grave site. Happy Pink Saturday on Sunday.
Joyce

sally said...

That is one of the most beautiful flowers, I even love the leaves. Thanks for sharing about your father.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin