Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pink Saturday in our 50s Diner

Tonight my husband and I are having a 50s party in our newly built 50s Diner in our yard. I wanted a vintage diner and he wanted a vintage gas station so we agreed on a middle, the outside is just like a Sinclair vintage gas station and the inside is a diner. We live on 3 acres and we just bought 3 acres next to us so we have plenty of room for a play room!

Here is the inside of the 50s diner as you walk through the front door. I couldn't get the neon sign above the bar to come out in the picture, it says D & A Diner, for Don and Ann's Diner in different colored neon lights.
For years we have been collecting 50s wall memorabilia anticipating one day we will get our 50s diner.
I had all the booths and chairs on both sides of the room covered in red and white vinyl to match a 1957 Chevrolet Belair car. On the shelf you can't see very good but I have a collection of small gas station pumps.
We have 6 fans in the ceiling and they are from the 50s. They are all belt driven from a motor sitting above the front door.
Behind the counter it is all stainless steel with all commercial appliances such as a huge griddle, burners, BBQ, ice cream freezer, refrigerator, microwave, ice machine, soda box, etc.
I bought these wax donuts over at BrightViewCandles Etsy store. Look how real they look! They also smell so good! I have them sitting in a covered cake plate on the counter just like in a real diner!
This is the outside of the building, a vintage Sinclair Gas Station with old gas pumps and a old 1956 Pick up truck sitting in the gas stall. I took the picture at night so that the neon signs could show up but they aren't.
Now, what does all this have to do with Pink Saturday??? Here is the jacket I will be wearing to our 50s party.....Perfect for Pink Saturday!

For more Pink Saturday posts, please click here and go visit our hostess for Pink Saturday, Ms Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!

34 comments:

Charlotte said...

OMG!!! I have got to show my husband these pictures!! You are so lucky!! I would love to have this in my backyard!! I am speechless and that doesn't happen very often!

Lynn said...

Just too fun! Love your Play Room, have a great time at the party!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ann! WOW! This is the cutest thing ever!!!

Did you build that to look like a gas station, or did you move it to your property? That is just amazing! And I love what you're wearing to the party. Have tons of fun! This is just THE BEST!


Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ann said...

This would be a dream come true for me!!!! What a wonderful time you and your hubby will have. Love the pink jacket. Happy PS

Connie said...

I can't believe it, sweetpea!!!! How clever and adorable is THAT! Okay, next time we come back to Calif. we've sneaking a peek, sugar!!
xoxo,
Connie

GRAMS said...

All I can say is WOW! That is amazing. What a fun project and you did it fabulously.

lillie mae acres said...

I LUV it! Ya'll have really worked hard and I know every minute had to be fun. Enjoy!

nannykim said...

Wow, this is sooooooo amazing. You should post this on rednesday wednesday!

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

Julie Harward said...

This is awesome! You just built it to have a play place? Amazing, this ought to be put on TV on the Unwrapped series or something! That would be such a fun place to have a P A R T Y....Have fun with it! :D

Denise Marie said...

Oh...how much fun you will have. I bet your shoes are just as cute as your jacket!!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi, Happy Pink Saturday! WOW, that is soooo cool! Oh what fun!! Love the pink jacket :) Stop by when you get a chance, I'm having a giveaway!!

Warmest, Brenda

Rebecca Nelson said...

Another pink post that takes the prize! LOVE IT ALL!

Soooo happy to find you because of PINK SATURDAY!

xoRebecca

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!! I just showed my DH these pics!!
AMAZING!! FANTASTIC!!

LOVED IT!!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Memories! Oh, for the day when ...

Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Oh my goodness I am in retro heaven!!!
I'll put on my roller skates and be over in a jif to order a Green River!
Love love love it!!!
I hope you've sent this in to HGTV and they do a show on you and your diner makeover! Looks like there is even a drive thru window . . . I could go on and on :-)
I'm having a double giveaway and one ends soon so please drop by for a visit!!!
I must come back for another peek again soon!!
Lynn
P.S. Happy Pink - red, white and black Saturday!

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Waaaaaaaa . . . I'm trying to add my name to your follower list but can't find it!!!

Lynn

Unknown said...

How absolutely delightful. And you put it together just perfectly. I've always wanted to have a 50s party but they would have to be content with listening to all of my good old music and digging out poodle skirts and saddle shoes to wear. What fun!!!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my goodness! This looks like so much FUN!! All you need arrange now is for Chubby Checker to perform live, and I'll be watching for my pink invitation in the mail!! Happy Pink Saturday! ~tina

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE! How special is this place and it belongs to you! Have fun playing in your new diner, I'm so envious! Marcia

Mimi Sue said...

How adorable! Makes me want a malt or a cherry coke! Have tons of fun at your party. Mimi

CatHerder said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO AWESOME!

dana said...

I am speechless! That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen!! What fun you will have in that diner!! I hope you share lots more pictures of the hoppin' good times that go on in that place!!

Hope you had a wonderful PS!!! L, Dana

CC said...

This is beyond wonderful.... I simply must tell you, that there is a new place in our small town..that is a Sinclair service station..with a diner inside...,the food is wonderful,and in the next town over, there is a 50's diner that's done with cars..etc. inside..and is one of the best places to eat imaginable.
You have to have the best play room on the planet.. Happy late PS..

Lori R. said...

Wow!!! This is just amazing, I agree, you should invite HGTV to see your little diner. Did you find some 50's bowling shoes to wear with your Pink Ladies jacket? What a fun place to have a party. I bet your kids love it!!!

Deb said...

what a cool play room...I bet your guests have a blast...

Darlene said...

Your diner is beyond COOL! What a fabulous, fun spot in your yard. I bet y'all are going to have a blast entertaining it in!!!!!!

Lori E said...

We have a local cafe called Bobbie Sox and it is quite similar to your diner. What a fun look.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

WOW! This is amazing! How blessed to have such a wonderful place to have a party.

Georgianna said...

You and your husband are astounding!! I'm stunned. Talk about thinking big and following through. This is one of the most brilliant projects I've ever seen!

Laura said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I came via Paula's blog and I am floored! WOW, what a set up you have. If you add a real drive-in theather you will have it made. Who needs to go out, just walk out onto your property and you have a sockhop everynight of the week. Outstanding!

daisy g said...

What Charlotte said. Except for me it happens all the time...
WOW!

Pimp My Barbie said...

I found your blog from the Barbie collection you have, and oh wow! But you have a 50's diner too!? I admire you, just too cool!

Unknown said...

love it .. but where is Coca Cola in your Diner .. How can you have a 50's Diner without Coca Cola ?
Even Barbie honors Coca Cola ...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin