Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday - Vintage Jewelry

Today for Vintage Thingie Thursday I thought I would post pictures of some Vintage Jewelry I got from my Mom. I like to collect vintage jewelry for my crafts so one day my Mom gave me some old costume jewelry she has had for years. After looking at it when I got home, I decided not to use it in crafts but to save it and give them one day to my Grand daughter Harper and to my niece Amber.

This piece is my favorite, it has pink and burgundy stones set as a brooch. My Mom said she has had it for over 60 years!

This one is a set of some old clip on earrings

This set is a brooch with matching clip-on earrings

These are some old brooches

This is a old brooch with rhinestones

This is a set of matching rhinestone pins


For more Vintage Thingie Thursday please go visit Suzanne at Coloradolady

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jewelry is just beautiful.The first pin is my favorite. I know your grandaughter and niece will treasure it. Happy VTT and have a wonderful weekend.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Very pretty jewelry. All that bling is coming back, your family will love it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you it would be a shame to use those jewels in a craft project..they're all too lovely :)

SmilingSally said...

I like the ruby pin the best. I can see why you couldn't break it apart. Thanks for sharing.

Miri said...

Wonderful vintage jewelry-so glad you decided to keep them and pass them on :)

Bea said...

What fantastic pieces. I love old brooches. Especially love the one with matching earrings. So glad they will be passed on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, just love vintage jewelry! Those are very pretty.

LADY JANE said...

Yesterday we played Vintage Barbies...today we can play "dress up" in Moms Vintage jewelry...I love your post!

Susan said...

You have a lovely collection and such a variety. Love the brooches. It is nice to pass them on.

Coloradolady said...

These are very pretty. That first one...breathlessly beautiful. I agree, these are too wonderful to use in craft projects. Have a wonderful weekend.

JudyBug said...

The first brooch just took my breath away. What a neat thing to have and to pass down thru the family.

JudyBug

JEWELGIRL said...

Oh no! :(
Craft projects for your lovely
1940-1950's jewelry in great condition. I am soooo happy :)
to hear you are passing them on to
young people who may really enjoy
and treasures these pretty pieces.
- Jewelgirl

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have chopped these up for crafts either! They are in great shape and I'd wear a lot of it.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Anne! I love it! My mom had something very similar to the pinkish one in the first picture.
I think it's a great idea you've decided to keep them to share with your granddaughters.
Isn't the weather FANTASTIC today?! It's glorious!!!

Pink Slippers said...

Wow. That would be so wonderful to have pieces like that from my Mom. They are gorgeous and so nice.
I jewelry like that was what everyone wore ow.
Wendy

Threeundertwo said...

Wonderful jewelry! I would wear it, it's really coming back in style now.

Glad you didn't use them in a craft project.

SueLovesCherries said...

Beautiful jewelry! I'm glad you're saving them!

Amy said...

ooh I love what you have here, I'm a sucker for vintage jewellery :-)

Neabear said...

These are beautiful! How nice that you still have them.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin