Friday, November 7, 2008

Show and Tell Friday



Today is Show and Tell Friday so I thought I would show you pictures of one of my guest bathrooms





The whole room is hand painted with flowers and birds. There is mahogany wood trim all around the room and the floor is done is dark green marble












The room has bright and cheery flowers hand painted all around the room with a mahogany wood moulding running also around the room
There is even a cat hiding in the flowers

The window has mahogany moulding all around it with garland and a hand painted bird just above

Even the pedestal sink and mirror is hand painted with flowers and has hand painted flowers on the wall too. See the hand painted bird on a branch just above the sink?

Here's a close up of the sink

Here is a close up of one of the birds on the wall and also you can see that the whole wall and ceiling is sponged with blue to seem like the sky

Here is a picture of a mahogany shelf on one of the walls

The door is huge, 8 feet tall and its solid mahogany

The door has a vintage door plate and knob

The bathroom is off the patio area and that is why it has a garden theme to itFor more Show and Tell Fridays please click here and go visit Kelli's House!

25 comments:

Pamela said...

What a delightful bathroom. I love the handpainted flowers and the little kitty is adorable!

SmilingSally said...

So like you to have a floral bathroom off your garden! You haven't misssed a detail, either. I like that sink!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

If I went in there, you'd have to fight to get me out! It reminds me of your gardens :0). I really like the sink

American Homemaker said...

What an adorable bathroom. I love the door knob.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That really is a garden restroom! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the vintage knob and door plate!! That's a beautiful bathroom with lots of wonderful detail!
Manuela

Linda C said...

What a beautifully decorated bathroom! You have very lucky guests!!:) Who is the talented artist?
Linda C

Lois Christensen said...

That is beautiful! Did you do all the painting yourself? Very talented!

Carrie said...

What a beautiful bathroom...every detail is excellent.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Ann,

This garden bathroom is one of my favorite rooms in your beautiful home! Sweet as can be!

Love,
Maryjane

Gone said...

It's "blooming" fantastic!!!

Jean said...

Lovely bathroom! I love all the hand painting. Jean

Mimi Sue said...

How beautiful. Did you paint the flowers? They are gorgeous. Love the little birdies. Mimi

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! I would love to take a bath in there.

nancy said...

You must have a fantstic old house. This is beautiful.
Nancy

Baba said...

Hi Ann, your delightful bathroom would cheer anyone up who uses it..I love all of the hand-painted items...thanks for sharing this with us. Hugs, Baba

Susie Homemaker said...

Isn't that the cutest bathroom I have ever seen...and oh, the details...I love birds!

Warm Wishes,
Susie

Pink Slippers said...

The bathroom is darling and love kitty.

Anonymous said...

Anne I don't know if you check back on your posts but I had to tell you how much I adore your bathroom. The flowers and the sink are awesome. Love the vintage door. A fun and well done decorating job.

Hugs...Jeanne

threesidesofcrazy said...

How cute - reminds me of a Bavarian cottage in the forest.

Cottage Rose said...

Loving the mahonogy woodwork!
You have a great eye for detail, it shows in your plantings, great vision!
Rose

Lady Katherine said...

I love the paintings on the wall and sink! I have an old claw foot tub that I would love to paint the front like your walls. Just lovely.

Rhondi said...

Hi Anne
What a charming bathroom. Did you paint the walls? They are beautiful!
Hugs, Rhondi

Kelli said...

Oh, I love it! The walls look like a pretty cottage garden....just beautiful!
~Kelli

Pearl said...

Wow!!! I love it! Make me one to please?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin