Monday, November 3, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday




It's another Bloomin' Tuesday today!

When I went out to take pictures today, I noticed one of my rose bushes was so full of beautiful roses that I picked a bunch! Here is a cute Rooster pitcher full of the roses on my kitchen sink!I found this Pink colored Gerbera Daisy hiding

I also noticed two of my Hydrangea plants are starting to bloom again. Most of my Hydrangea plants have lost all their leaves for the winter except for these two!











My Fall Pink Hibiscus bush is full of blooms

Here are two of the blooms close upThis is one of my Coleus plants blooming. I have noticed that if I pinch off the blooms, the plant does not go to seed, and it lasts longer! I also do this with my Basil plants.

This Rose is huge. I have never had one this big before. It must be at least 7" or more across! Some of my Petunias from the summer are getting their second wind and are blooming again!











My Gardenias are starting to bloom again. I love to pick the flowers and float them in a water dish in the house. They smell so good! I usually don't get them this time of the year.
My red Canna Lillies are still in bloom. I also have orange ones but the picture came out blurred
Here is a little critter that likes my roses as much as I do! Now I know what is causing all the little holes! I did spare his life and he is still munching away! (After all, it is almost the end of the season! - BON APPETIT!)

For more Bloomin' Tuesday posts, please go visit Jean at Ms Green Thumb! and don't forget to VOTE!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those roses you have in a vase are a pretty color of red & white. Looks like your garden is getting it's second wind & putting on a fine display this fall. :) I love the smell of Gardenias too. I wish I could grow them here.

Grammy said...

Hi Anne
I love your blooms, I only have 1 left.
Happy bloomin Tuesday
Grammy

Sharon said...

I will now have to enjoy the look of the flowers on your post. In Ohio we had our first frost and we will soon have snow where the flowers were. Thanks for sharing the beauty of the blooms.

Sweetie said...

Hi Anne, Your blooms are beautiful. The roses are especially lovely. My mother always pulled off the tops of her Coleus plants also. They were her pride and joy.
Sweetie

Unknown said...

I voted and took my girls to vote too. They always have a childrens voting area, the children in the State of FL. will choose a new State bird apparently. You still have alot of beautiful color around you!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Ann!

Another beautiful post for Blooming Tuesday! Have a wonderful day and keep your fingers crossed our man wins and our prop passses! Enjoy the rain!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh how gorgeous your garden still looks. I see you've been working your green thumbs to the bone. Thank you for all the emails you sent while I was away. Have missed you, RoseMarie

Jean said...

I love the roses in the vase! I'm glad some of you girls can make up for those of us that have no more new blooms. I caqn't imagine a rose 7'' across. Amazing! Great Bloomin' Tuesday post! Jean

SmilingSally said...

I love Gerber Daisies!

I sure hope you come see my green hand post today!

Wendy said...

Lovely pics. Hibiscus are my favourites. I grow them indoors in the winter. Put them out on the deck in summer.
Your roses are beautiful too, actually everything was beautiful!!

Sherrie said...

Hi Anne,
I have an award for you. You can pick it up here:
SHERRIE'S STUFF

Sherrie

Mimi Sue said...

Since it is snowy and cold here in Utah your post was especially nice today. Warms me up a little just looking at those lovely pictures! Mimi

Cottage Rose said...

I never tire of looking at pictures of your garden.

Is not the scent from gardenias just divine!
Rose

Laurie and Chris said...

You sure do have a lot still blooming. Everything looks so nice. What a nice surprice to be able to pick a bouquet of roses.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Anne, beautiful as always. How I wish my thumb wasn't so brown. I did attempt to transplant a gardenia and it's doing pretty well. I also have a daisy plant that hasn't died (yet). I'm hopeful!
I hope you have a great day. Are you enjoying our fall like weather. It's so wonderful!

Deb said...

Beautiful blooms. Nothing left blooming in our garden ... just lots of leaves :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin