Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Recipe for Russian Tea Cake Cookies



This is a old time favorite recipe I thought I would share with you. It comes right out of my Mom's old Vintage Betty Crocker Cookbook. Our family has been making these cookies for years!

Russian Tea Cake Cookies


1 cup soft butter

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

1 tsp Vanilla

2 1/2 cups Flour

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup finely chopped nuts of your choice (walnuts, pecans or almonds)


Mix together butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Mix in nuts.Roll into 1" balls. Place 2 1/2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 400 degrees 10 - 12 mins until set but not brown. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen 1 1/2" cookies.


Enjoy!

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are a mighty tempting treat for so early this morning! YUM! Thanks for the recipe...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lori E said...

I have a Betty Crocker cookbook that was printed wonky so I got it free. The pages go 1-3 2-4 5-7 6-8 etc. Makes it hard to use the index but I used it a lot through my early cooking years.

Anonymous said...

Those look really good. I'm going to give them a try, then I will have one more thing to put on my list of things I love to eat that I shouldn't eat, but eat anyway!

Anonymous said...

Those look really good. I'm going to give them a try, then I will have one more thing to put on my list of things I love to eat that I shouldn't eat, but eat anyway!

Jill Dees said...

Don't know why it shows me as anonymous, but that is me? :0) Jill And then it posted it twice, not sure what I did wrong.

Mimi Sue said...

I LOVE these cookies. At Christmas we call them snowballs. Mimi

Julie Harward said...

Thank you for sharing this fun, easy recipe! I love these kinds of cookies, they always taste so good! Neat that it came from Mom's book too! Come say hi:D

Cottage Rose said...

Now those look so yummy, and they can not be easier to make.. Hubby would love them,,,, oh and me too. Thanks for sharing.. have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Yippee Anne.. I smell something nice baking here in the oven! do you have any left overs of the cookies? this is my fave.. I love to bake this and my kids love them too! a lil too sweet but who cares when it taste so delicious and melt in your mouth! hehehehe.. have a great day!

xo
fitty

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin