Saturday, December 26, 2009

Amaryllis Blooms for Pink Saturday

For Pink Saturday today I thought I would post a picture of a beautiful PINK Amaryllis Bloom I have in my garden. I live in beautiful Southern California and I have pink and red Amaryllis blooms in my garden right now!

After Christmas every year I search Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. for these bulbs. All these stores discount these bulbs after Christmas to around $1.00 to $2.00 per bulb. This plant is one that was given to me last year from a friend. I grow them inside the house the first year then I plant them outside. In Southern California they can bloom any month inside or outside!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and don't forget to click here and go visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for more Pink Saturday posts!

8 comments:

Lorilee said...

OH so pretty. I have to wait until early spring for mine to bloom in South Texas.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Thru Pink Curtains said...

what a beautiful flower...i have never seen one like that....i enjoyed this post!!!!

Julie Harward said...

THATS SO AMAZING TO ME...THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! YOU TRULY HAVE A GREEN THUMB! I DO GOOD TO KEEP THINGS ALIVE! Come say hi :D

Beverly said...

Ann, that bloom is gorgeous. Maybe I need to go bulb shopping.

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

dana said...

How lucky for you that you live in a climate where you can enjoy that amazing flower...inside and outside!

Right now, we're digging out of a blizzard that started on Christmas Eve....and it even continued snowing TODAY! The many inches of snow slowed us down and made us change our plans, but we made it to our sites of family celebration on Thurs. evening and yesterday! What a white Christmas!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great Pink Saturday!

L, Dana

Cottage Rose said...

What gorgeous flowers,, love the color... how wonderful that you can grow them like that..... Happy Pink Saturday...

Hugs;
Alaura

Mimi Sue said...

Great idea. I don't know how well they'd do in Utah. Must find out. That one is gorgeous. Mimi

joyh82 said...

Poor lil Charlie probably felt left out ;)
Hope you have a Happy and Safe 2010!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin