Monday, August 10, 2009

Blooming Tuesday at the Cabin in the Mountains

Today is Blooming Tuesday over at Ms Green Thumb Jean's Blog. I haven't participated in Blooming Tuesday in 2 months so I thought I would join in today! We have been up at our cabin in Big Bear this past weekend, so I thought I would show what's bloomin' in the garden there!

My Shasta Daisy bushes are so big and beautiful!

An old red watering pump in front of some pine trees A cluster of pink roses, so pretty!

An old Cowboy bathtub filled with Nasturtiums flowers that are just starting to bloom.

An old clothes wash tub and wringer filled with purple petunias and surrounded by marigolds, pink petunias, Shasta daisies and day lilies.

One of my Lavender bushes

A little green wagon surrounded by day lilies and Shasta daisies

This flower is called Blanket Flower Sunburst Burgundy Picotee'

A homemade bird bath made out of a old miner's gold pan and a log of wood

Buster and his little friend Smores patiently waiting to go for a boat ride.

A picture of Big Bear Lake I took from our boat

This is a picture of our cabin on Big Bear Lake. The water level is down, there is little water on our boat ramp in front of our boathouse.For more Bloomin' Tuesday posts, please go visit Jean at Ms Green Thumb Jean's Blog!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cabin. All of your flower gardens are lovely. I smiled when I saw the picture of Buster and Smores. They are SO CUTE!

Darla said...

What a beautiful area..Love, love all of the flowers in your yard with all of the different containers and yard art!!!! Those doggies are precious!!

Anonymous said...

Morning, Annie! How lovely! Your plants are so pretty and healthy looking. Now those little fuzzy faces are adorable. Now, Annie, about your cabin! Honey, that's a mansion! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carla said...

But of course one MUST have beautiful blooms at the lake cabin!!! What beauty, I bet it is hard to leave behind:)

Lori R. said...

Annie, beautiful flowers follow you wherever you are!!! Your cabin looks so inviting. What a beautiful surroundings. I bet you love it there.

Darlene said...

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! That doesn't look like any "cabin" that I have ever seen though!!!...lol

Does someone water and keep the home up while you are away?

Jean said...

Love seeing all your beautiful blooms! Your plant containers are great! Just my style. Welcome back to Bloomin' Tuesday. Jean

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Beautiful garden and your Shasta Daisy's are amazing. I love where you live so much. Just to be able to look out see the lake instead of a neighbors house, I would like that.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Joyce said...

Now that is one BIG cabin:) Love the Shastas! Old tub is so cute.
Joyce

Mimi Sue said...

Gorgeous flowers. Love nasturtiums. They were my grandma's favorite. Buster and Smores are so cute. Are they related? When our kids were little we used to go up to Big Bear Lake to play in the snow. My husband's uncle lived at Lake Arrowhead and owned a gas station there so he spent some time there when he was a kid. Your cabin is beautiful. Mimi

SmilingSally said...

You own a piece of heaven! Your flowers love the place as much as you must.

Grandma Elsie said...

Just found you from Joyce's blog and Love your flowers. A flower after my heart...
Your homes are beautiful and peaceful looking.
Elsie <><

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Anne, What a wonderful garden you have. I love all the elements you added. The bird bath is adorable. Your cabin is gorgeous and the view is spectacular. Buster and Smores are just too sweet.

thank you for stopping by and the kind anniversary wishes. Always so great to see you.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Dawn said...

Your cabin looks like a wonderful place to vacation. We could certainly use some rain to fill the lakes back up!

I loved all the old items in your garden. The Blanket Flower Sunburst Burgundy Picotee' is stunning. What a treat!
Dawn

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I'll bet the weather was glorious at the lake! Wait! Isn't this the same cabin that has some "guests" that bump in the night? I hope I'm not getting you confused with someone else.

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to retreat too.
Mama Bear

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin