Monday, October 13, 2008

Blooming Tuesday


Another Blooming Tuesday today! Jean at Ms Green Thumb Jean hosts Blooming Tuesday every Tuesday. I just love participating.



Well, October and November in Southern California brings on the Santa Ana Winds and with the winds comes the fires! Today it is so windy and smoky. The winds are around 50 mph and the gusts are around 70 mph. My yard looks like it was hit with a bomb. There are leaves and tree branches everywhere. My pool actually has a layer of leaves on top and you cannot see the water! Luckily I took these pictures right before the really bad winds hit. Thank God the fires are not near us. My prayers go out to those people who have lost their home today. Behind us is the Cleveland National Forest so we get nervous when ever the Santa Ana winds blow.

My Red Petunias are still going strong
I love this Pink Pentas Plant mixed in with my Coleus and Caladiums
My Mums are blooming so colorful. I like to keep them cut short so that when they bloom they are not long and fall over
My Gerbera Daisies are doing their last show for the year

My Pecan Tree is so full of Pecans this year. I have never tried to harvest them in the past. I will try this year


















This is my Bottle Brush Tree in Bloom. The blooms look like bottle brushes!







Isn't this the cutest sign? I just hung it up today on one of my fences. It's an old window shutter with a vintage sifter and vintage cheese grated hanging from it. It says Fresh Baked Pumpkin Pies
Thanks for visiting me on Blooming Tuesday!

25 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

We had snow this past weekend. Everything pretty much bit the dust. You lucky girl living in the sunshine! Mimi

Grammy said...

Glad to see you still have some blooms, We had lots of squirrels this year take over our pecans. All we were able to get were the ones they threw at my cat. He he he. maybe a 1/2 of a gallon bag with the inner shell on. They are good size this year. And we have lots of walnuts right now. They left them for us to pick up.

Aiyana said...

You have a lot of great flowering plants. I just put in some petunias in pots for the fall and winter. This time I got some really dark violet--almost black. They look like velvet! I've never seen a bottle brush with white flowers. Very interesting.
Aiyana

Unknown said...

Annie Fannie,

Very cute pumpkin pie sign...great on your fence. Unique too.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

SmilingSally said...

I hope that you have a less windy day. Your flowers are delightful.

Anonymous said...

My pecans are off the tree already. I've never tried to harvest them but the squirrels sure do love them! Very cute sign and lots of lovelies still blooming in your yard!

Manuela

Sweetie said...

You certainly have some gorgeous blooms. Lucky you. Please post about the harvesting of the pecans. I have never even seen pecans growing. The sign is really cute.
Sweetie

Unknown said...

I have been hearing about the fire and winds, my prayers to your neighbors. Love the sign, plant kindness. The mums are gorgeous, and that last sign is adorable as well. Good post.

Unknown said...

Oh and I have never seen a white bottle brush tree only red. I like it.

Teri said...

Gorgeous flowers!!
And yes, those poor people with all those loses. I wondered how close you were.

Paula said...

Oh, I love the sign!!! It's so cute!!
Your mums are absolutely gorgeous, Ann.... I love all the colors!!!

Jean said...

I hope all remains safe with you! All your mums are so pretty and the bottle brush bush is certainly interesting. Love the sign! Jean

Laurie and Chris said...

I love all the colors of your mums. I forgot to cut mine back so they are pretty tall. I will have to remember to keep on the next year.

Suzanne said...

I'm glad that you and your home are not in harms way. My husband works for a company in southern cal and is often there. He mentioned to me how bad the fires were these last couple of days. Your flowers are beautiful regardless...The bottle brush remind me of my growing up years in the Bay Area. We had bottle brush bushes lining one side of our yard. Love their bright red color!

Dawn said...

Lovely mums, Ann!

Neabear said...

I love you pretties. You have such beautiful flowers. I am glad you are okay from the fires. I have family in Sylmar and so far they are okay. We are going to visit them at the end of the month.

Gabriela said...

Bon giorno,

Love your blooms!

~ Gabriela ~

Sandra Evertson said...

Gorgeous!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Ann, your garden is such a delight and I love your new sign. Mom has pecan trees but I haven't noticed if they are full of pecans this year. Will have to check this weekend while I am there. Years ago my Dad made this special device to pick the pecans up off the ground so you didn't have to bend over. He was always inventing something.

Deb said...

Your garden looks wonderful! I especially like your vintage shutter with grater & sifter vignette :-) adorable!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Ann!

I love your Fresh Baked Pumpkin Pie sign!!! Looks so cute on your fence! Yes, the Santa Ana winds were awful! Our pool looked pretty bad to! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maryjane

P.S. I didn't go to NY. Timing not good for me. Don gets home this evening!

randi said...

What lovely flowers! I just had to pop in and say "hi" because Jennifer just emailed me and you're my vintage pink christmas swap partner! I'm so, so excited because I just love everything on your blog! I can tell already you're going to be lots of fun to shop for! :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the sign- just my kind of decorating! Thanks for the great anniversary wish- and I loved reading your profile- I'm 100% Irish, have 4 kids, 5 grands, 2 spoiled pups and one calico miss with an attitude! I'll be back for sure - want to take a good look around - your flowers are spectacular!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed a visit to your blog!

Grammy said...

Hi Anne,
Sherry is having more than a friends week if you want to try it out the link is on my newest blog. You just need to write a blog on a special friend you want to share.
Grammy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin