Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

Here in Southern California we have always welcomed rain.......but, not this past week! Today is day 7 of torrential rain! My beautiful yard and garden looks like it was hit with a bomb!

First, it's hard to get to our house because this was once our road out front! I took this picture this morning with my iPhone as I was pulling out our driveway trying to get to the store! We have lots of lookie loos that come up here to check it out!

We have lots of down trees throughout our yard!

I took this picture from my front porch this morning. It looks like we have a lake across the street and we are now lake front property.

It's funny because across the street from our property is this huge dried up catch basin. For years we have lived here and I have never seen water in it. They call it the 100 year old flood basin. I have always said, why don't they just put a park or plant trees or something there, why leave it all empty, full of weeds and looking ugly. Ok, I take back all my complaints, because this is that giant hole today! Its full of water that would have flooded my yard if it wasn't there!




Hoping for a drier tomorrow!

8 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hi Ann!

So good to hear from you. Wow, look at those pictures! Incredible! Hasn't this rain been something else! Glad we have a boat! LOL! Wishing you and Don a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Think of you each day!
Love,
Maryjane

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh Honey, I've been thinkin' about you when I've heard the reports. Those pictures are incredible and just say it all.

Ya'll stay safe!

God bless and have a very Merry Christmas...keep those flippers handy just in case. Just sayin...

janis said...

Oh Dear! Santa will need to boat in! Love to you~ And prayers of sunnier days♥

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Oh goodness, Anne! The pictures do say it all, praying for dry sunny days for you!

Hugs'
Catlyn

LV said...

I wish you could send us some of that rain. It has been months and everything is drying up. We had 87 degrees yesterday. I do not know what is wrong with the weather, but it is out of order.

Deb said...

oh goodness...I was thinking about you when I heard about all the rain in California...hope it stops soon..

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Anne Sweetie...
We received rain all night here in the desert as well. Nothing like you have been having out there of course, but a lot for the desert for sure. It was a nice steady rain, and I know our cactus needed it, so I am not complaining. We are supposed to be back up into the 70's by Christmas.

It looks like the rain has done a lot of damage there at Green Acres and you are going to have some clean up to do. I will continue to keep you in my prayers as this weather continues. Stay warm and dry. Have you all thought about a boat for Christmas?

Many hugs to you sweetie and SO much love, Sherry

Mimi Sue said...

Goodness!! That's the thing about California, it's always something! Glad you're OK. Have a wonderful Christmas. Mimi

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin