Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yummy Homemade Peach Pie

Our peach tree is just loaded with so many peaches that they are falling all over the place. I picked a few and thought I would bake a Peach Pie for my husband.
Here is a quick and simple recipe for a wonderful peach pie!


Simple Peach Pie

1 1/4 cups sugar

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

2 tablespoons butter

Pastry for 9 inch pie

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in peach slices and fold to coat with sugar and flour mixture. Pour into 9 inch unbaked pie shell. Dot with butter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown.

I served it warm with vanilla ice cream!

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Lori E said...

I would make peach pie for my father in law as it was his favorite too. This makes my mouth water. The fact that you are growing your own peaches is even better. Yum.

Jill Dees said...

Yum, I'll be right there!

Darlene said...

Peach pie is one of my FAVORITES!!! I'm drooling just looking at it.♥

Paula said...

Oh, my- that looks sooo good, Miss Ann! I bought some fresh peaches over the weekend and planned on making a cobbler, but I may try this instead!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Harward said...

Oh YUM...nothing better than that! :D

Mimi Sue said...

Our peach tree is done for the year but I'll be saving this recipe for next year for sure. Love those wedding wish tree tags. What a great idea! Mimi

Anonymous said...

Oh Yummy! I have never made a peach pie! Yours looks WONDERFUL! My dear husband would faint if I did! Hugs, Patti

A Garden of Threads said...

Peach pie, my favorite. Looks so yummy!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, how hubby would love to tear into your pie!

Have a beautiful PS weekend.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin